Data Terra’s governance revolves around :
- A General Assembly (GA) representing all overseeing organizations, signatories of research infrastructure and data centre agreements. The GA meets once a year:
CNES, CNRS, IFREMER, IRD, IGN, INRAE, IPGP, Meteo-France, CEA, SHOM, BRGM, CEREMA, CIRAD, INERIS, ONERA, Observatoire de la Côte d’Azur, Observatoire de Paris, École Polytechnique, University of Lille, Université Fédérale de Toulouse, Agro Paris Tech, Grenoble-Alpes University, Clermont-Auvergne University, University of Strasbourg, University of Montpellier, Hauts de France Regional Council.
- A steering committee : CNES, CNRS, IFREMER, IGN, INRAE, IRD, Météo-France and MESRI. This decision-making structure meets two to three times a year.
- A strategic and scientific council : This committee contributes its skills and expertise to the elaboration of the RI’s strategy and its development.
- An Executive Bureau (EB) including the IR Data Terra management team and the departments of the data hubs and cross-cutting structures
- The members of the executive bureau are :
Data/service hubs and structures
Each data hub has a steering committee, a scientific council, an executive bureau, a management team and a project team.
Cross-cutting structures like DINAMIS have a steering committee and executive secretariat.
Data Terra’s governance has to adapt to the specific needs of the different data hubs’ communities and to the strategies individual to each Earth system component, while being coordinated and integrated around a shared overarching strategy. This governance is geared towards addressing the multi-disciplinary, multi-scale science challenges that encompass several components of the Earth system, to enable a systemic approach to global change and its impacts.
SUPPORT & MANAGEMENT
UAR* CPST : Joint Support and Research Unit for the Coordination of Earth System Data Poles
Formed in 2019, the CPST 2013 joint service unit (for Coordination des Pôles de données Système Terre*) provides cross-cutting support for Data Terra’s management and technical coordination missions and for its cross-cutting projects.
* previously a Joint Research Unit (UMR)
* Coordination of Earth system data hubs
Its overseeing bodies are CNRS/INSU, CNES, IRD, Ifremer, INRAE, IGN and Meteo-France.
Director: Frédéric Huynh (IRD)